Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Casting the Net(work) Far and Wide: the GTM Sisterhood Network Progresses

Members of the GTM Sisterhood Network continue to work - over-time - to get out the message about our phenonmenal book. E. Rashun Williams shares her latest adventure as she returned to her Alma Mater, Alverno College in Wisconsin to lead a writer's workshop. Rashun currently teaches at Hinds Community College in Mississippi, so she traveled no small distance to Alverno for this workshop experience and it appears that the participants enthusiastically embraced her and our publication. Read what Rashun has to say about her trip.






"Hello, GTM sisters!!



I wanted to write a brief note about my reading at Alverno on June 27, 2009. It was smashing!!! There were 70 plus in the writer's workshop audience. They were great!! The book store had been informed of the expected number of participants; I checked periodically; I purchased a couple of them for my friends. When I left the building, I saw 4 on the table. -- I was told that many were inspired to write or continue to write, and I hope that they will communicate that to you; I gave a number of them my email address/phone number, so that I could help them to get in touch with you.--

As we know, I drove there 13 hours one way; Ooooh, I had a black, shiney, fast a-- Mustang. It was a great drive, of course, until I got to Dan Ryan in Chicago, and we know that story. I returned Sunday night, 9:30, crashed, and was back at work for my second session class Monday at 7:30 a.m. So, I'm still tired, but I'll recover over the weekend." Rashun

Rashun, We're glad to hear from you; pleased that you had a safe and productive trip; hope that you get a little rest in the next few days! Your sisters

1 comment:

  1. I was unable to find Go, Tell Michelle at the Barnes and Noble in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The cashier said that someone else had asked for it but that they would not stock it. You could order it of course but that is a real disadvantage. He said it was not part of their store model because it was a "fad" book. I had to hold myself back. Do you have any advice about how to handle this situation?

    ReplyDelete